What are we all about? Philippians 1:8 “…for me to live is Christ and to die is gain. “ Life is not about us. It is about Him. Therefore, our main objective as a church will be to seek His will, His kingdom, and His glory. He is the “seeker” (John 4) and what He is looking for is people who will worship Him in spirit and in truth. He is the Lord of NPBC and of our lives individually. His will is to be sought and His kingdom prioritized in our personal lives, our church activities and practices.
- Biblical Teaching and Preaching: Because we believe that the Bible is the written word of God, the commitment of our church will be to preach, teach, and practically apply God’s word. Expositional preaching and teaching with Holy Spirit led application will be our goal in every lesson and sermon. We seek transformation from biblical teaching, not just information.
- Worship: We desire to exalt Him in every service and glorify Him in our daily lives. ”Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” Although we seek to bridge the communication gap to our culture, worship music will have the goal of exalting Him, not catering to the latest fad or style. Our goal will not be to emphasize traditional music as opposed to contemporary music. Our goal in every service will be to worship and please Him. This will include older music of truth and new music that seeks to exalt Jesus.
- Prayer: Nothing of any eternal value will take place without prayer. (1 Timothy 2, James 1) We must pray about everything. (Philippians 4)
- Love: This is the way people will know that we are His. (John 17) We believe this is a church where you will be genuinely loved. As fellow believers and followers of Jesus, we love each other. We seek to love those without Jesus. We are to speak the truth, but to do it in love. We are to rebuke sin, but to do so in love.
- Relevance: The teaching/preaching will be practical and relevant. This is so because God’s word is a “living word.” (Hebrews 4:12) Our approach to seeking God and the truths of His word will not be viewed as the study of ancient documents to be cherished in the museum of the church. Our approach will be to hear from the living God through His living word and to practically apply His Lordship in every area of our lives.
- Missions/Local Evangelism: Involvement-World missions and local evangelism is not a program of the church. It is the church’s program. Jesus gave us a commission in Matthew 28:19-20 to “make disciples of every people (ethnic) group.” Therefore, we will purposely, prayerfully send from our own congregation and seek from other churches people that will help us spread the gospel message of Christ to places where His name is not known. We will also seek souls in the name of Jesus in every culture within the proximity of NPBC. All races of people are welcome in these doors with the view of bringing them to Jesus. Further, we believe that every member is a witness and every family is a missionary. We will conduct regular evangelistic opportunities to reach out in our community and depend on our members to be personally involved in the lives of their neighbors, etc. to purposely share with them the saving gospel message of Jesus on a regular basis.
- Building Strong Families: Before God created the church, He created marriage and the family. We believe in a biblical definition of marriage (traditional marriage.) We will seek as a church to be used of God to strengthen marriages to fulfill God’s plan. For single parent homes, we will seek to support, encourage, and assist these homes. Our goal will be that parents bring their children up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. (Ephesians 6) Therefore, the goal will be to assist and create an atmosphere for parents to do this. We further seek to minister to singles realizing that their home life is the core of who they are. NPBC is a family.
- Community Involvement: We are not to just speak about Jesus, but we are to be like Jesus to our neighbors. We as a church seek opportunities to glorify God by assisting and serving those around us. Our members must also do this individually. We will collectively seek practical opportunities around us to serve in Jesus’ name those who are in need. Prison ministry, feeding the hungry, offering assistance to the poor will be done as lead by God to glorify our Savior. “Exalting the Savior, equipping the saints, evangelizing the sinner!”